Welcome to the School to Work Transitions page for First Nations, Métis and Inuit Students. The information provided here will help you to understand some of the strategies that work for this particular transition.
A video resource is also provided below!
Best Practices for School to Work Transitions
First Nations, Métis and Inuit (FNMI) students will be seeking work during various times in their lives. Some may seek work directly after post-secondary school, others during school, and others may use an alternative pathway. The following best practices can assist our FNMI students:
- Cover letters, resumes and Curriculum Vitae (CV) workshops
- Interview skills and mock interviews
- Job search resources and web-based engines
- Essential skills in the workplace information
- Balancing work, life and/or school info
- Volunteering resources and options
- Mentorship opportunities info sessions
- Placement and internship info sessions
- Apprenticeship possibilities
- Financial planning workshops
- Workshops on small business opportunities for First Nations, Métis and Inuit people
For a specific perspective on this particular transition, go back to the HOMEPAGE and select one of the following: Education Counsellors, Students, Parents/Guardians, Other Professionals or Communities. There you will also find a list of web resources specifically tailored for that group.